- How Much Is Parking?
- Parking is always free at Splash City! Be sure ot take adtvantage of our shaded parking structure under our solar panel array. We soak up the sun so your seats don't have to!
- How much are tubes?
- Nothing! All of our tubes are free to use for all our guests!
- Can I pay with a Credit Card?
- Yes. We accept cash, debit cards, and credit cards as payment. No personal checks are accepted. There is an ATM located in Guest Services.
- Can I bring in food?
- Only factory-sealed water bottles are permitted to be brought inside the waterpark. Outside food, beverages, and coolers are prohibited inside Splash City. There are pavilions available outside of the waterpark gates where guests can enjoy their snacks from home, or you can purchase food and drinks from the full-service concession stand. Items purchased at the concession stand must be enjoyed at the tables near the concession stand.
- What do I wear?
- Guests are requested to wear a lined swimsuit. Revealing swimsuits, street clothes, cut-offs, or denim shorts are prohibited. Swimwear with buttons, snaps, rivets or zippers are also not allowed. Shoes are not permitted on any attraction. Aqua socks are not allowed on ride surfaces. See below for information on infant swimwear. Men and boy's swimtrunks are avilable for purchase at Guest Services. Splash City does not sell women's swimwear.
- Can my infant swim?
- Splash City and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) requires all infants to wear a swimwear diaper, plastic pants and a lined swimsuit in the water. Diapers may not be changed on pool decks or lounge chairs. Please use the family changing station located near the entrance. Baby Care Stations are located in both bath houses. Swim diapers and liners are available for purchase at Guest Services.
- What if I need help?
- Guest Services
Located near the entrance, Guest Services offers information about birthday party and group rentals, pavilion and park rentals for private parties.
Located at the southwest corner of the concession stand.
- Are you ADA Accessible?
- An aquatic wheelchair is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Visit the Guest Services office for more information.
Our Leisure Pool is zero-depth accessible and our Oasis and Crystal Creek Lazy River feature water-lift chairs for easy access to the water.
- Can my child use arm floats or "water wings?"
- Unfortunately, no. We only allow flotation devices that are U.S. Coast Guard approved in all of our pools. We offer complimentary life jackets to all of guests. The rack is located near the sun dial next to Crystal Creek.
- Is there a place to store my stuff?
- Splash City is not responsible for items lost or stolen at the facility and/or parking lot. Lockers are located inside the waterpark and available at the following rates: Small Locker: $3 per day with $5 key deposit; Large Locker: $5 per day with $5 key deposit. All lockers are cleared after the park is closed. Splash City asks patrons to leave valuables at home.
- What about eyewear and jewelry?
- Eyeglasses and jewelry are not recommended in pools. Face masks, eyewear, life jackets and floatation devices are prohibited on slides. Glass is strictly prohibited anywhere in the waterpark.
- Where is lost and found?
- Misplaced items are stored in the Guest Services Office. Splash City is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items. Children should not be left unattended. Children separated from their guardian are taken to the Guest Services office.
- How do I beat the heat?
- Splash City guests should drink plenty of water and wear sunscreen while enjoying the waterpark. We have water fountains located near the bath houses and concessions stand. If you forgot your sunscreen you can purchase some in Guest Services for a nominal fee.
- What happens during bad weather? Will Splash City be closed?
- Unfortunately, yes. Due to our attractions being outdoors there are some days we may not be able to open for guest safety and/or comfort due to weather (lightning, cold, heavy rain, etc.) Generally, temperatures must be higher than 72 degrees for us to be open. Lightning can also strike in completely clear skies from a cell miles away, which causes our detectors to ring a warning for us to clear the pools. We try to determine safe conditions to operate as quickly as possible and will make announcements in the park and on our Facebook page if we are temporarily halting operations due to weather. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for up-to-the-minute weather related closures.
- When do I get a rain pass?
- We try to make a safe and fun place every day; but bad weather happens. In the event of lightning, an announcement will be made and all attractions will close and remain closed for at least one half hour from the last lightning strike reported within our operating area before reopening. If we are unable to open within 1 hour each guest will be able to receive a rain pass in Guest Services good for any day the rest of the season.. To see information on weather-related closings check our Facebook Feed on the main page. In order to be eligible for a rain check please keep your admission receipt! No cash refunds are available.
- Can I drop my children off?
- Children age 12 and under will not be permitted into the waterpark without an adult that is 17 years old or older. Staff will not announce transportation over the intercom - please plan accordingly.
- Can I get back in if I leave?
- Guests are permitted to leave and re-enter the waterpark so long as they have their hand stamped with a one-day stamp at the Front Gate. The stamp is only good for the day it is received. Stamps change daily. Splash City does not offer next-day ticket specials.
- Who runs the park?
- Splash City is owned and operated by the Collinsville Area Recreation District, an Illinois park district that is governed by a board of elected officials. For day-to-day concerns please contact Guest Services.
- Is there a smoking area?
- Guests are permitted to smoke in desginated areas outside of the waterpark gates. Guests must have their hand stamped to assure re-admittance.
- Are you guys on Facebook?
- Follow Splash on Facebook at Splash City Family Waterpark
Or on Twitter at: SplashCity_WP
- Do you have a height requirement?
- For the safety of our guests, some attractions have specific height requirements that are strictly enforced. Monsoon Mountain's top-most slides have a requirement of 40" and the slides at Leisure require the user to be 48" tall.
- Can your park rent a car?
- Not yet, but we're getting there! Splash City will mark it's 20th season on Memorial Day in 2017.
- I have more questions!
- We'd love to hear from you! Feel free to drop us a line at (618)346-4571, message our Facebook Page , or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Open Saturday & Sunday From 11 am to 7 pm
Open Sat & Sun From 11 am to 7 pm